Call 0333 455 9070
Nottingham 0115 9475498
Derby 01332 332530
Leicester 0116 2541282
Sheffield 0114 3583930
Leeds 0113 3448699
Watford 01923 606801
© Copyright 2018. Regentstreetclinic.co.uk. All rights reserved
Wrinkles can be successfully treated with a protein called Botulinum Toxin. In non-surgical aesthetic use the amount of toxin used is small and extremely safe. The toxin reversibly weakens the muscles responsible for dynamic wrinkles which are lines that appear when you animate your face.
Static wrinkles are lines that appear at rest, these do not usually improve with Botulinum Toxin and may be best treated with Dermal Fillers.
What Types of Wrinkles can be treated?
There are three main types of wrinkles that can be treated.
Frown lines (Glabella lines) are most commonly seen in patients with excessive sun exposure and those who have over activity of these muscles often associated with frowning. Frown wrinkles are vertical lines and can signal emotions such as anger, anxiety or fear. People with these types of wrinkles may complain that their family, friends or work colleagues ask why they frown a lot. Frown wrinkles are vertical lines and can be successfully treated.
Forehead wrinkles appear in horizontal lines in the area between the eyebrows and the hairline. These wrinkles are formed during facial expression to convey emotions such as surprise or empathy.
Eye Wrinkles/Laughter Lines (Crow’s Feet)
Crow’s Feet wrinkles (Periorbiltal wrinkles) are in the outer corner of the eyes and appear more prominent when laughing or smiling. Crow’s Feet Wrinkles can result from excessive sun exposure combined with the skin becoming less elastic with age.
All about wrinkles
Wrinkle treatment FAQ
The injection temporarily relaxes the muscle by blocking nerve impulses. As the nerve impulses are blocked the muscle is temporarily unable to contract so that dynamic wrinkles are not formed. This gives the overlying facial skin a softer, smoother and more youthful appearance.
Is the treatment safe?
Botulinum Toxin as a muscle relaxant has an excellent safety record and a long record of use in medicine. It has been used successfully in adults and children in variety medical conditions over the last 20 years. It has been used cosmetically to treat facial wrinkles for about 15 years and has become one of the most popular and frequently used cosmetic treatments.
Who can have the treatment?
This treatment can be used for treating wrinkles in men and women, however men usually need slightly higher doses than women.
It should not be used in:
People with infection at the proposed injection site.
People who have previously had an allergic reaction to Botulinum toxin type A injections.
People with muscle problems or chronic diseases affecting the muscles, such as Myasthenia Gravis, Eaton Lambert syndrome.
Children under the age of 18 years.
Women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
It should be used cautiously in
(please let the doctor know if the following applies to you)
People at risk of bleeding as there is an increased risk of bruising post procedure. These include people who have blood clotting disorders such as Haemophilia, those who are taking treatments with anticoagulant medicines.
People with excessive weakness or wasting in the muscle to be injected, such as those patients with history of Stroke or Bell’s palsy.
People with chronic breathing problems.
Does the injection hurt?
These injections are relatively painless as the injections are performed using a very fine needle. Patients therefore and do not require any anaesthesia. The full treatment takes about 15-20 minutes to perform and you are able to drive and go to work the same day.
How Long Do The Effects Last?
It can take about 2-14 days to see the full effects after the initial treatment. The cosmetic effects can last up to six months but typically range from three to four months. Eventually most people require re-treatment as the wrinkles reappear. However in some treated areas (such as frown wrinkles), the wrinkles may return less severe after repeated treatments as the unconscious muscle contraction habit is broken. We offer all our patients a free two week follow up appointment to assess the effect of treatment and administer any top up treatments if necessary.
Are there any side effects?
Most people find that the injections cause only mild local pain and tenderness. Immediately after the injection there may be mild swelling at the injection site which usually subsides within 48 hours. Slight bruising is also possible. Side effects of these treatments are extremely rare. Occasionally, the treatment may relax nearby muscle groups causing temporary drooping of the eyebrow or eyelids. This may last for a few weeks but will resolve with time. As with any medicine an allergic reaction may occur, this is however quite rare. Conversely there may be some unintended benefits in some people such as easing of tension type headaches as the muscles in the forehead relax.
How often can I have treatments?
When the effect of the treatment wears off the wrinkles will always return to their pre treatment state. Treatments can be repeated to a minimum of three monthly intervals, but the effects may last longer for some individuals, especially if they have had previous treatments to the same area.
Will I still have expression in my face?
These treatments are designed to smooth dynamic wrinkles in the forehead and around eyes, they do not affect your resting facial expression. The final result can be tailored to each patient and can be discussed at the initial free consultation.
What after care advice should I follow?
Try to contract the treated muscle areas for up to four hours after treatment, by frowning and lifting eyebrows to allow the toxin to reach all of the treated muscle.
Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours this is to ensure that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol for 48 hours.
If bruising develops the you can apply Arnica cream
Paracetamol can be taken for mild pain post procedure
We offer all clients a no obligation free consultation with a doctor.
12 Reasons why we believe we are the best aesthetics clinic in the UK
1. All clients are offered a free, no obligation, thorough facial assessment and consultation with a team of experienced, specialist aesthetics co-ordinators.
There is never a hard sell, our aim is to recommend treatments that augment peoples' own natural aesthetics and leave a natural, subtle result.
We very much believe that in facial aesthetics
medicine "less is more".
2. We only use the very best products range, which give a beautiful, natural result which lasts up to a year.
3. Top ups if needed.
4. Full range of cosmetic treatments offered including wrinkle treatments, dermal fillers, lip augmentations, cheek fillers, sweating treatments, plasma rejuvenation (PRP), PDO thread lifts and the new super-treatment PROFHILO, all under one roof.
5. SIX locations in beautiful grade II listed buildings in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds and Watford.
6. Wrinkle treatments at our clinic can be supplemented with the remarkable new anti-ageing treatment called APRP (Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma treatment), known in the media as the "Vampire Facelift" and also PDO thread lifts.
7. All treatments undertaken by fully qualified, experienced GMC registered doctors who have specialised in aesthetics medicine and who are members of BCAM, the British College of Aesthetic Medicine.
8. Highly competetive prices and regular special offers and discounts for our regular clients. We are amongs the most competetively priced facial aesthetics clinics run by a team of aesthetics doctors in the UK.
9. Gift voucher schemes in place. These are particularly popular around Christmas time.
10. Excellent client testimonials and positive reviews, with a score of 4.9/5. The advice you will be given is based on our clinicians' many years of clinical experience in aesthetic medicine.
11. Convenient clinic times with Saturday clinics as well as late night and evening clinics every day of the week.
12. DOCTOR led service. We have a team of cosmetic physicians across the UK who teach and train regularly, meaning that you are in very safe hands.
Best wrinkle treatment clinic in the UK
- Try us and find out for yourself!